123 HP SETUP AUTO WIRELESS CONNECTS
HP Auto Wireless Connect is a technology that allows connecting printer to wireless network automatically without having to connect cables or enter wireless network settings such as network name or password. Having capability during standard software installation process.
VERIFY CONFIGURATION IS COMPATIBLE WITH HP AUTO WIRELESS CONNECTS
Network configuration and computer must follow the requirements,
- Computer must be running windows vista
- Computer is connected to wireless router over 2.4 GHz connections.
- Computer’s OS in control of wireless adapter
- Computer uses wireless connection to network and operating system.
- Computer uses dynamic IP address.
DOWNLOAD 123 HP SETUP PRINTER SOFTWARE FROM HP:
Ensure software to choose both printer model and computer’s operating system
RUN THE INSTALLERFollow the on-screen instructions until installer prompts for connection type. Select network as the connection type.
- Installer will perform rest of setup naturally
- Computer will be temporarily disconnected from internet
- If not possible means, then use another wireless setup.
WIRELESS SETUP WIZARD
To know network name and WEP/WPA password.
123 HP SETUP PRINTER:
On printer’s control panel, press setup button. Choose network menu option.
- Wireless setup wizard will display a list of wireless networks area. Choose wireless network’s name from list.
- If network not listed, scroll to bottom of list of networks, then enter network name.
ENTER WEP KEY OR WPA PASSPHRASE:Enter password, with upper and lower case characters.
Printer is connected to wireless network, then print a wireless network test report.
- Run the wireless setup wizard from printer’s control panel.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the setup button and then select the network menu
- Wireless setup wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area. Setup button appear as a wrench icon.
- Choose wireless network’s name from list. If wireless network is not listed, enter network name manually including upper and lower case characters.
- Enter Wi-Fi password. Enter the key or passphrase including upper and lower case characters; printer is connected to wireless network.If does not connect, print a wireless network test report.
WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP:
WPS (WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP)-WPS has two modes, to connect devices together over wireless connection. One is called pushbutton and other is called pin. Push button is by far the easiest method to connect using WPS pushbutton method but not pin method.
VERIFY CONFIGURATION MEETS BASIC CONDITIONS
- Printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. Consult the manuals of both printer and router to compatibility.
- Wireless router must have physical WPS physical pushbutton available.
- Network uses WPA or WPA2 security protocols. WPS wireless router won’t connect with WPS method setup using WEP security. WPS routers won’t connect using WPS method, using router’s default network name and no security.
START WPS PUSHBUTTON MODE ON PRINTER:
As setting mode depends on particular model printer, consult the manual details:
Once WPS mode is engaged on printer, press WPS button on router. Within two minutes WPS button must be pressed.
Some HP wireless printers use this wireless setup method during printer software installation. During this process, connect USB cable temporarily between computer and printer. Do not connect USB cable until software instructs. Computer that installs printer software must be connected to same network that the printer is connected. Connect and disconnect cable when prompted by software, which guides through connecting and configuring printer’s wireless connection. In some cases, software may automatically find wireless settings. Printers without a touch display can use wireless setup method during printer software installation.
- On using this method, need to temporarily to connect a USB cable between printer and computer.
- Connect and disconnect USB cable when prompted by software, guide through connecting and configuring printer’s wireless connection.
- Depending on printer model, software may automatically discover wireless settings.
- For first-time installation of printer, software may not find printer on network. Software will guide through proper steps for creating a wireless connection to printer.